Inaugural AAPI Pacific Rim Conference 2014
Update: Mahalo for all those who participated at our conference. You can access all of the resources shared during the conference at this resource page.
The Asian American & Pacific Islander Association of Colleges and Universities (APIACU) has heard you!
APIACU is advocating for the AANAPISIs. We are your voice in the Congress, and we will be having a Pacific Rim Conference for colleges and universities in the area, as well as anyone whose interest lies within the program for AANAPISIs. This two-day conference is a unique forum where educators and students from all levels can meet with other educators and government to discuss topics and work on common issues that are important to the AAPI community. The larger purpose of the event will be to empower our AANAPISIs through establishing a unified and active network, to provide information and updates on the funding for AANAPISIs, and to share resources–including resources from the Department of Defense–directly with our institutions.
The logistics for the event are as follows:
Friday, August 1: AANAPISI & STEM Conference
- 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. –> Registration
- 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. –> APIACU will bring you up-to-date higher-education issues including the federal funding for the AANAPISI program and the upcoming Part A grant competition, fiscal year 2015. The conference will also include a panel dedicated to discussing STEM and the pros/cons on the subject. Speaking will be representatives from the White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (WHIAAPI), as well as from the Department of Education.
Location: We are delighted and grateful to be hosted by one of our member colleges,
4303 Diamond Head Road
Honolulu, Hawai‘i 96816
You should attend, if you are…
- a grant writer, educator, in business, in government
- interested in STEM
- an AANAPISI institution
- a member of APIACU
- interested in applying for AANAPISI designation
- interested in the Department of Defense
- seeking sources of funding
To register for the event, whether you can attend both or only one of the days, please fill out our online registration form here.
If you are interested in being an exhibitor for our event, find out more information here.
If you have any questions, please contact Ruby G. Moy at email@example.com. Mahalo and see you soon!